Rich and Piquant Kolhapuri Yogurt Curry Chicken - Homecooking adventures

Another start from scratch curry. It has an exotic name and it certainly comes from the north as it uses yogurt. So I have been trawling the internet for some chicken curry recipes using yogurt rather than coconut milk which is southern Indian. How can I resist when I saw this recipe coming from the chef from the world famous Oberoi Hotel in Mumbai. You can get the recipe here. For the record I have cooked this dish 4 times to good results. I used Greek yogurt by the way and expensive component but so happen it was in the fridge.

Chicken marinated in Greek yogurt, chili, garlic and turmeric powder. The Masala paste was put together and blended with black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, lime juice, tomato and onions. Again I struggled with the blender. I will have to source for a better one soon. The prepared meat was marinated and left in the refrigerator for a few hours. 

Check out the recipe and try it.






Comments

Popular Posts