Dae Ga - Korean BBQ Restaurant Solaris Mont Kiara

Dae Ga. In Chinese it means 'everyone'.
Address: No.9-1, Solaris Mont’ Kiara, No.2, Jalan Solaris. Tel: 603- 6203 0468
The first Korean food I have was Ginseng Chicken soup served to tourists. Of course there were others in the menu but it did not blew me off my seat. It was in Three Hills, Alberta, Canada that I got acquainted with a simple Korean cold dish.

I visited a friend. He took me to visit his Korean friend as part of my 3 weeks Canadian itinerary. We drove east from Vancouver then cross the Rockies stopping by many scenic spots. Most memorable were Banff and Lake Louise. We stayed in motels and essentially passing through 'Scottish' territory. We sipped coffee at Starbucks. For food on the road we have purchased 2 doz sodas and a huge tray of doughnuts that would last us through the 3 days of driving.

Over there I stayed with my new found friend. Asian manners required him to share what he has with me. Luck was with me as his parents just popped in a day or two ago. At dinner time he took out a vege dish from his mother out of the fridge. It was blanched seasoned spinach with garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds all mixed into an appetizing dish. It was obvious that the bright sheen on the spinach leaves and stems was oil and a lot of it was needed for it to taste good. The hollow stem seems to suck up the sauce and the oil making it so delightful.

Lately, I get to know Korean food better after 4 visits to Daorae in Bandar Puteri, Puchong. Self control is important as their beef are super costly!
The Interior
10 Side Dishes - all free: Anchovies, Local Spinach, Julienne Potatoes, Lily Stems, Cabbages, Kim Chi, Mashed Potatoes, Wood Ears, Cucumbers and Corn FrittersBBQ Pork Chops - RM30.
Almost there, all done by the attentive Myanmar and Korean staff. Was cut to bite sizes once done. Hot coals heated by gas below the grill. Surprisingly no need to use extractor and I finished meal with no bbq smell on my clothes. I believed special coals were used.Special beef and octopus hot pot with glass noodles. Tons of octopuses and beef strips - RM50. My son and I were overwhelmed by the quantity!The spicy hot pot. Very spicy. But the downside was the MSG. Need to get in more anchovies for the broth.

Comments

Little Inbox said…
I have never try Korean food before, but hubby did during his business trip to Korea. Shall plan to give it a try.
Selba said…
Korean food.... Yummy!!!

I've been craving for korean food quite awhile but haven't got any chances to go to a korean restaurant coz' it's hardly to find in my area.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)
Tummythoz said…
Craves their BBQ beef but like you say, have to exercise self control due to the price. =,(
worldwindows said…
LI... a new food dimension for me.

Selba... there must be a Korean enclave in Jakarta. That's where the restaurants are.

TT... my son love the BBQ beef ... and also their beef soup!!
minchow said…
I've been a huge fan of hot pot since a visit to Seoul some years back...those Korean glass noodles are in a class of its own!
worldwindows said…
550mljof... I missed out on their soup with generous servings of tender beef cubes.

Popular Posts