Golden Roast Chicken - Homecooking

I have been hankering to do a good Roast Chicken after 'perfecting' the Roast Pork to my satisfaction. So here it is. I will be doing a few more times to get the feel of cooking and getting taste right. What does it mean by feel? Simply, I can mix and match a few spices with some core ones. I like to get into the feel of the cooking rather than governed by a set formula.



Directions:

1.45kg Nutriplus Chicken

Mixed these together and apply in the cavity and skin of the chicken.
1tsp of French sea salt
2tsp crushed quality black pepper
2tsp McCormick onion powder and
3tsp McCormick garlic powder

3dollops Naturel margarine and apply inside the cavity and 2dollops to apply on the skin

2 sticks of celery (cut into 2½ inches length)  and 6 cloves of crushed garlic. Place inside cavity.

Place Chicken on oven plate breast side down.

Pre-heat to 180°C. Roast the chicken for 1hr 25mins.

Tent it for 20mins. Dig in!

Comments

Popular Posts