Legendary Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles - Danau Desa, Old Klang Road

Happiness unrestrained after chance encounter with this old brand. Heard so much about it in my earlier food blogging days. I am a fan of this particular fare since the day my father introduced me to fish head noodles in Ipoh some 35+ years ago while I was working for him in one of his renovation projects. He is Cantonese with a healthy regards for food despite being working class.

I have tasted quite a few in the places I live and work and appreciate a good bowl of noodles. The best is at Lorong Yap Him under the big tree. Reputed to be on call to go Genting Highlands regularly to dish out his specialties for the high rollers earning 5 figures for a few days of work. The other is in Taman Teratai area in Setapak. Hope to share later.

Back to this old brand which I almost could not recognize as I thought of it having an old facade. It was quite modern and clean and occupied a spacious corner lot. However,  the name uttered too many times in the hallowed pages of the flogger stuck on my mind. A big bowl is RM10.50.

A happy man it made for the day. One minor complaint. It is so difficult to get the fish heads that shops nowadays resort to fillet as well. The soup was almost as full-bodied as I would like it. Everything was fine except the lack of the extra oomph. But then again I will have no qualms eating this a few times a month.
Address:
Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles
Jalan 1/109F, Taman Danau Desa
Kuala Lumpur 
Tel: 012-201 3148

Comments

Popular Posts