Kheng Lim Salted Chicken - Taman Ipoh Jaya (Part 3 of 3)

'Yim Gook Kai' means Chicken baked in salt. The chicken is filled with herbs and is bake in big woks packed with heated salt. This salt sauna will make the meat salty and tasty.

The most important herb will likely be 'dong gui' as it blend well with the chicken meat. The fragrance of this herb opens up the appetite and one chicken will not be enough for an adult.

Admittedly this is a herb more for the womenfolk but no harm will befall the man if taken once in a while.

Call 05-3138306 in advance to book or you will be disappointed. Kheng Lim Salted Chicken literally flies of the wok. It happened to me. The next day I managed to get four as the folks in Penang wanted it.

It costs RM16.00. I have a chicken wholesaler who took a look at the leg and he told me that the chicken is about 2 kilograms in weight.

This is the KFC sized. It takes 35 days for a chick to get there. What a life!

Comments

Kenny Mah said…
"Admittedly this is a herb more for the womenfolk but no harm will befall the man if taken once in a while."

Hehe, I love the disclaimer. I like it but fortunately for my "male-ness", I don't eat it this too often either. :P
J2Kfm said…
hi, 1st time here. nice blog.

wonder this Kheng Lim, is the same as Aun Kheng Lim, the original in town.
worldwindows said…
Heard they are relatives but not sure. Seemingly the town one is not that good though popular with domestic tourists.

Popular Posts