Restoran Jallikattu Banana Leaf

I had this insatiable desires for banana leaf Indian Curry Rice once a while. And then I got to go to as many as possible. Here is one more besides Sri Paandi, Amos and Appachi's.

This place is interesting and unpretentious. It is still work in progress. The chef is even available to teach any enthusiast for a price. Opened for business not too long for ago it trumpeted the no MSG, uses organic ingredients and a no santan (coconut policy).

As usual I had my kambing curry and chicken varuval. Immediately I realised that the meat was coated with a layer (thick to me) of spices. It was bonded onto the surfaces. Now that is really good news. And I wonder how its done without the santan as the bonding agent.

With good spices I got good curry and a God curry made me glad. I missed their fish both fried and curry as they were gone by the time I arrived after 1pm. I was recommended the prawn curry and was told by colleagues that those are good. But alas, my eating companion and I thought it was less than fresh. Perhaps an oversight. But then the curry was really good.

I have listed this place as my regular banana leaf curry location.



My 2nd outing here on the 18th May

Address:
597, Utara 2, Taman Samudera  Batu Caves

Comments

Popular Posts