Papa John's Pizza, Berjaya Times Square, KL

The restaurant occupied prime real estate as it is situated at the entrance of Berjaya Times Square. Opened less than 2 months ago it is the 1st in Malaysia.
No businessmen would make an adverse comment that may affect their business. Not John Schnatter, the founder of Papa John's Pizza. With 2,500 stores it is the the 3rd largest pizza company in the USA. The timing was even more amazing as he made it during the national convention in U.K. for his franchisees.

Let me quote him, "You can't eat five or six slices but if you eat one or two slices it's very nutritious." This aside his company was built on the tagline, "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza." The dough is made on the spot and hand tossed. It uses vegetables that are freshly sliced and vine-ripened tomato sauce for its pizza.

In Malaysia this franchise belongs to the Berjaya Group which incidentally owns Starbucks, Wendy's and Kenny Rogers.

Standout: Their dough turned out good pizza and breadstick and most important was piping hot. My upper palate was slightly 'burned'. Butter garlic sauce was good for dipping. Tomato sauce was fresh.

Cost: RM72.00 (plus drinks and incl. 10% service tax). No government tax.
Breadsticks - Fresh off the oven. Thick and round with lots of dough and slightly chewy. A treat. Dip it in tomato or butter garlic sauce. Winner!Minestrone Soup - Small portion but laden with ingredients.Special Butter Garlic Sauce. Use it for the pizz crust or anything made from dough. Really special.Papa Special with Penne - Light on ingredients and sauces. Ordinary.Texas Heat 9" Pizza - The crust was better than the usual. But the topping were thin and normal. Unique is probably the pickled and salted pepperoncini served whole and also as pizza topping.Potato Skins - Loaded with cheese, ham and bacon of the beefy kind. This is good.Garden SaladMaking the Pizza. Missed out on the tossing.

Comments

Selba said…
Never tried Papa's John pizza yet... Heard it's yummy pizza.

Eh.. so nice that you could snap picture of the making of pizza. In Izzy pizza, they prohibited me to take pictures except of the food on the table.
Kenny Mah said…
Well, I'm always willing to give something new a go! Off to Times Square I go! :)
minchow said…
Whaddya mean, I can't eat five to six slices? Isn't that the whole idea? I can't stop at just two! But in the name of nutrition, I suppose I ought to try ;-)
Tummythoz said…
Your set good to serve 4?
ohhh heard alot abt it..now can try!
worldwindows said…
Selba... In Malaysia any kitchen placed in front of the shop or in glass cubicle it is generally open to photography. If it is at the rear then I ask for permission.

LfB... Try those that PizzaHut does not have.

550jof... Well I whacked 4 slices though it is regular (9inches I think).

TT... What's on the table nice for 3 men I supposed. Not 4.

JwicC... Anything with dough is good. Handtossed and piping hot.
Ciki said…
my hubby's fav when he was studying in the states! finally here eh..? good .. good.. hehe
worldwindows said…
CampC... With more choices it is power to the consumers! Sadly Shakey's is out of the league.
CK Lam said…
Sure to look out for this place...would like to try out the breadstick with butter garlic sauce.
Babe_KL said…
the pics really spoke out loud! will put this in mind when i'm at BTS
worldwindows said…
CKLam... yes, the best I had.

Bkl... I missed them tossing the pizza dough as my camera was Nokia E90. I feel very satisfied as I walked out if restaurant.

Popular Posts