Kia Leong Handmade Sang Meen Noodles - Taman Ehsan, Kepong

The sang meen here are handmade. The price I paid per bowl is about RM3.50. Cheap considering there was no premium on the extra work and love put into the sang meen.

We arrived early for lunch and the crowd was already there. By 1:00pm it was full house as they are the only stall. Mostly local crowd having their healthy lunch.

Some MSG.

Directions: Caution - Be alert way ahead of time to exit the flyover. MRR2 from Batu Caves, turn right at the traffic lights after the FRIM junction (From LDP turn left before FRIM junction). Drive straight on for less than 1km and reached the roundabout. Take the 12 o'clock. 200m turn left into Jalan Ehsan 3/4. After another 100m look for parking. Next to Sek Men Keb Taman Ehsan. Shop is at corner lot along Jalan Ehsan 3/6.
Silky and soft. Look tenuous yet strong enough to hold its own without breaking when picked up. Crumble at first bite. Carbo lovers take note. Really good. The rest of the stuff are average.We shared this Chee Cheong Fun. Came with Tofu Puff, Bean Curd Skin and lots of dried tiny shrimps. Really salty shrimps but good to accompany the bland but very soft CCF.
Dry sang meen with lots of minced pork and a bowl of bean curd skin, fish and pork balls. This order was not ours. The owner saw me shooting and decided to lend me someone else's food for a brief photoshoot! Media friendly!

Comments

Food Paradise said…
The dry sang meen looks delicious. Have you try the dry sang meen before?
Little Inbox said…
The sang meen looks like pan meen.
Anonymous said…
Yea, I agree with FOOD PARADISE, the dry version looks so nice....
minchow said…
You're just about the ultimate good food guide to Kepong & surrounds! I absolutely have to find my way there one of these weekends! The dry version looks magnificent!
foodbin said…
i always have a passion for hand or home made noodles
Selba said…
very interesting to see the chee cheong fun with tofu puff, bean courd and the orange sauce.
choi yen said…
Handmade noodles always taste better huh, texture I mean~~
worldwindows said…
FP... Both of us went for soup, very Cantonese:) so no I did not. I will try it next time.

LI... Yes it is, very much.

SG... Sigh, next time lah.

550mljof... I am eating my way around. Aman Puri, KIP, Desa Jaya, Tmn Ehsan. Hope I will post more in future.

FB... Gives me the feeling of home-cook yes, I agree totally.

Selba... Actually orange sauce is thickened curry gravy Chinese-style.

MM... The colour is natural and appetising and the 'feel' is different from those machine made noodles.
Babe_KL said…
i had the dry version before and it's not bad. loved the bounce on the noodles ;-)
worldwindows said…
Bkl... Bounce is only found in handmade noodles!

Popular Posts