Gurney Drive Hawkers, Coffeeshop Stalls and Home-Cooked Penang Food

Kedai Kopi Bobo served up a mean Hokkien Mee. It is the row of shops next ot Sunshine Lip Sin, a small size mall. Waiting time here is 30 minutes. By the time we finished the Mee the soup is almost gone.
I opted for Hokkien Mee mixed with Lor Mee gravy. Red and black. The noddles and the soup/gravy was excellent. Best of both worlds.
Here are some home-cooked fares. Lor Bak and Ju Hu Char from my MIL's kitchen.
Ju Hu Char
Food in Gurney Drive - Mo Chi
Gurney Drive's Hoe Chien
Gurney Drive's Grilled Dried Cuttlefish
Gurney Drive's Fruit Rojak

Comments

Selba said…
I wonder how the rojak tasted... the sauce looks kinda like glue, and only see cucumber and.. uhmmm is that pineapple? what else is inside the rojak?
worldwindows said…
The sauce is sticky, sweet,salty, sourish with lots of crushed peanut for the crunchy feel. Any fruits will do as long as it is crunchy. Cucumber, young mango, pineapple, turnip, guava, jambu air, ambala (sar ley)....
wow!!!! so much good food!! I bet you must be enjoying your trip in Penang.
Ciki said…
penang has the best prawnmee man... :P
Anonymous said…
the homecooked Loh bAK looks nice...seems to have fat stuffing
worldwindows said…
NKotB... A good 5 days trawling for food and getting invited to so many New Year meals! I am so blessed.

CampC... The most varieties and I supposed the best.

SS... My MIL cooked two types; the long strips of lean meat for the health conscious and the one with fat for the die-hard like me.

Popular Posts