Famous Thong Kee Cafe, Sea Park

I took some time off on Saturday (a chance meeting) and Sunday (brought my wife) to check out this rather popular Coffeeshop in Sea Park. It has for company, within the same block, the famous Sunrise Roast Duck and Aunty Christina's Sarawak Laksa.

The crowd was amazing. I was there at 11am (Saturday) and then at 2pm (Sunday). In the weekends, customers got to queue up to buy their drinks and order their eggs and toasts.







Their coffee was good. I had mine hot and cold. And their toast was also delectable. Crisp to the core and generous with their pandan kaya and butter. I also ordered their croissant with kaya and butter though I was told that the French will never butter their croissant as it has a good amount of butter in it before baking.

At 2pm half their stalls were closed or sold out. I saw Wanton Mee, Curry Mee and Hokkien Mee were out for the count before 4pm closing. I caught the last bits of the Ipoh Hor Fun. It is actually Kai See How Fun (Shredded Chicken Prawn Broad Rice Noodles).

I must elaborate a bit more as this was really one of the good ones. Even better than some of the best in Ipoh. What was so special? It was the superior broth and the tablespoon of fiery red Prawn Oil that was found floating on my soup. This was culled through boiling the prawn shells and reducing it to oil. Very aromatic and addictive. Add a spectacular dimension to their bowl of noodles. Take it from someone from Ipoh.

We also managed to order their Char Koay Teow and Fruit Rojak. Go early next and catch more of their offerings. Parking can be a bit challenging. Park further away and nearer to Public Bank.

Address:
33, Jalan 21/1, Sea Park,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zWebBnLBFaKVVcAU8

Comments

Popular Posts