Best Nasi Lemak at Village Park Restaurant, Damansara Utama

Grabfood is my favourite food transporter these days. It started when I fell ill and needed to get some food that I feel like eating. Sick people's food like porridge and vegetarian fares. I must say, I am impressed. The restaurants and the boys who sent my food were excellent.


Then I discovered that I can actually get my favourite food without going there, look for parking, search for a table and then wait for the food. Grab has made all these go away.

Just use the App and make the order and wait in the comfort of home or office. Case in point was my order for Village Park's Nasi Lemak. And generally you don't lose much in terms of food quality esp when it comes to curries, braised food and stews.

The rice as expected with strong coconut fragrance and flavour. Fluffy and each grain on its own. Not a sliver of starchy film to spoil the texture. The Sambal was wickedly spicy, sweet and anchovies' laden. The taste from the sea pervades and I can literally smell the familiar fish fries we Malaysians were so used to.

The rendang daging was steeped spices. There was a good balance and one can pick up the various dry powder and not forgetting the kaffir and tumeric leaves that left an unmistakable smell to it. Leave these two herbs out at you peril esp with rendand daging. Lastly, I just loved the savouriness of the meat to balance the sweet Sambal.

The must order fried chicken was well marinated. Known for its tender meat, it also has a strong ginger accent. Lots of it. Ginger tenderise and also give the unmistable sweet incense scent. There are some who left their scent at the wok that hold the hot cauldron of oil. This piece de resistance brought the fragrance along.

Finally, the ayam rendang. The curry was more diluted but with strong lemak with dissolved spices. It bit lighter but still aromatic and a good piece for those who prefer healthier white meat in a clearer gravy. Tumeric strength can be seen in the colour. A good contrast in comparison to the sight and smell of the rendang daging and fried chicken.

Address:
5, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama
03-7710 7860
https://maps.app.goo.gl/2BVCJocKeq3HkLLUA

Comments

Popular Posts