Peter's Pork Noodles Brickfields

It has been 10 years since I last tasted this well-known pork Noodles. Almost too long.  My first introduction to a regular breakfast and supper in Kuala Lumpur was this bowl of goodness. I had it almost every day near TAR College.

Brickfields is fast moving and have lots of schools, colleges and offices. Try to avoid the liking crowd. Go a bit earlier if you can. My first introduction to this shop was almost 20 years ago and they were at a corner shop next to a huge rain tree.

The old man, I presumed was Peter, is no more. Well, a person is entitled to a well-earned retirement. Younger faces and hands were at work. Was the food any good?

Food presentation was slightly lacking. The soup was good, the half-cooked egg was still cooked to the right consistency though the oversized yolk was a bit overwhelming for me as I preferred the egg more. The meat which is inconsequential to me was a overcooked to a small degree. Maybe food safety.

Met some friend with his family. His student who studies nearby recommended it. They were enjoying it, slurping up the soup and chopsticking up the noodles and meat.

Try it for yourself if the next generation is doing justice to the legacy of a stall known as having one of the best pork noodles in Kuala Lumpur. They were that good under Peter's hand.


Address:
7, Jalan Tun Sambanthan 4, Brickfields (It's a Hawker's Centre. Access through an open car park) 

Comments

Popular Posts