Perfect Pan-fried Salmon Trout - Homecook

Salmon, raw or cooked, is not a taste that comes easily to me. I actually acquired the taste, especially the pan-fried one. And I am still adjusting to it. Some days I thought it was the quality of the salmon steak in question.

I am thoroughly happy with these steaks that I cooked over two days. They were kept in the chiller.

What I learned from from recipes and experimentations were to keep the steak at an inch thick. Cooked the skin side on high heat for 4 minutes and the exposed side at 1 to 2 minutes on medium high. Bring steak to room temperature and season it with good salt and crushed black pepper.

The steak's skin was crisp and the exposed side was firm and the insides were cooked. I like it cooked to the point that I can see the outlined flakes of the steak but not to the extend it has become dry and flaky.



Comments

Popular Posts