Chuup - Atria Damansara Jaya

This is a pork place. You have to be confident of your menu to do this. It's either high traffic area or Chinese/Indians enclave. Probably true for the latter. They tried hard at making lots of dishes with pork to make it worthwhile for their customers to make the journey, near or not so near.

They have some fusion dishes and also unique combinations like pork sate and nasi lemak with pork. For my maiden trip I steered clear of choppy (pun) waters.  It's hickory sauce ribs and pork  chops for me.

The Hig Hog Ribs Platter were done with safety in mind. What I expected in taste and meat texture were all there. Think of some of famous eateries serving pork Chuup is amongst them.  The meat was falling off the bones and tender. I wished they were generous with sides. But anyway the pickled carrot and cucumber were so so.

The Grandma Pork Chuup was of reasonable size portion given the price. The sides here were above average and the spinach was a pleasant surprise. They tasted good and is certainly pleased the budget conscious as it saved money and filled the stomach. A tasty and economical meal to be had.

The meat was very tasty. I underscored very. Marination was heavy handed. I have tasted rather bland pork chop devoid of taste and I needed lots of chili or tomato sauce to make it appetising. This chop tasted of sauces penetrating deep. And the chop was never chewy but well-cooked.


Address:
40, Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya

Comments

Popular Posts