Nasi Briyani - Hyderabad Recipes at Solaris Mont Kiara

Mont Kiara here I come. Two factors conspired to moved me here lately for some entertaining and food. A good friend moved in to Sophia and my son is studying in Taylor's Sri Hartamas since June for his Cambridge A-levels.

This old friend was a makan kaki until a failed marriage. He went working on some projects overseas. We had gone food hunting in time past and one was a memorable eat 10 years ago in Ipoh where we hunted down a shop that served steam fresh water Parang fish belly. Then we were off to Kong Heng and Sin Yoong Loong. For starters, he has treated me to Nathalie's Gourmet, Haagen Dazs and Brussels. So its time to explore this area just 15 -20 mins drive from Bandar Sri Damansara.

At Hyderabad the three of us have some modest food: mutton and chicken briyani, naan and mint and masala chai tea. 'Modest' as this trio combined age is over 150 years:-) We were regaling on our past and also talked alot on networking and mentoring which is our strong points from the standpoint of our professional work. It was flowing back and forth, strong and fast so we adjourned to Haagen Dazs for more talks. Good food, desserts and company, the saintly trio of a good life!?
 Selling on history behind Hyderabad, the food better be good! Each culture has their own idiosyncrasies. One of the quirky thing about Hyderabad Recife was their meat was buried under the Briyani Rice. I find this interesting almost unassuming and humble.

 
 One of the best gravy for our rice and Naan.
 Fluffy, buttery Naan.
Fantastic Basmati Long Grain Rice. Double click on the picture and take a closer look. It almost look like tiny silver of anchovies. It tasted heavenly with all the spices.


Address:
Hyderabad Recipe's Sdn Bhd (Solaris Mont Kiara)
7, Jalan Solaris, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 40447786
Website: www.hyderabadrecipes.com.my
Opening Times: Mon-Sun & PH: 1100 - 2300

Comments

J2Kfm said…
I have heard of this place, is this a branch? Maybe someone told me about Hyperabad briyani, and how authentic it can be.
Yes, love good grades of basmati.
worldwindows said…
Yes, the main is at Jln Putra, KL.
Rebecca Saw said…
Oh my, I'm craving arabian food again!
Last I had was at the Hawdrawat at Chulan Square. The meats & rice are alws the best when it comes to Arabian food eh?
Ciki said…
the long grain looks great! I hate local rice but man long grain I'd eat. Time to check this place out:) ( I have been to the Jln Putra, KL one)

Popular Posts