Pitt Street (Famous Eel Fish Ball) Koay Teow Thng, Penang

A hidden little place replete with history. The floor was untiled and cement rendered a sign of easier compliance to local authorities. The space was tight and narrow. Anti-thesis of a good eat. That's where it ended.






The Koay Teow Thng here blew me off my chair. The best I have had. The eel fish balls were bouncy and crunchy. The taste was heavenly with sweetness peculiar only to eel. I am not sure it's the same kind of eels like the unagi or those that I have had for porridge but this eel meat sure tasted pleasant and smooth.

The pork and the entrails (fallopian tubes) were done right and the duck meat was generous. A bit of a strange mix, but a good eat this is. The broth was out of this world. Subtly rich with the extract from the bones.

Don't miss it

Address:
183, Lebuh Carnarvon, George Town, 10100 George Town, Pulau Pinang
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6wJk8JLosQUa7F8v9

Comments

Popular Posts