Ah Yap Chicken Restaurant - Kepong

I am tuned in to Chicken Rice. Not sure why. This is clucky season for me. It turns my stomach on. I salivate hearing it. A good friend posted on a regular basis the chicken rice from this particular stall. They raved about it. That was sufficient motivation to make the trip to Kepong.



Another factor that lured me there on this Friday afternoon was that the area has very good parking spaces. The shed that homed the stall was decent and parked next to the flyover. It's sheltered enough and since its opened 4 ways, it's airy.

We arrived at about 1230pm. Within 5 mins the boss came and took our orders. Another 5 mins our meal came. Soon customers came flooding in and some have to wait for tables to clear.

The sight of the drumstick, thigh and wing neatly presented with its yellow Kampung chicken skin, vying for attention. It was such an appetising sight. Ginger and chili sauces were at the table. What's unexpected was another small bowl of ginger, garlic and spring onion sauce brought to us with the chicken. This condiment was delicious and refreshing. A first for me. It was such a tasty accompaniment that I forgotten to take a pic.

The meat was juicy and the chicken was chewy and done just right. No blood in sight. The oil and the meat got ruminated in my mouth as I ate and I tried to put words into my experience.

The soya sauce were light as I think the owner wanted us to taste the meat for what it was. For that he was successful. We were so used to bland chicken eaten with lots of strong sauces or had it pan-fried, bbq, roasted or deep-fried.

The owner was known to avoid lots of oil and salt for obvious reasons. Food should be eaten to be enjoyed. The saying goes, "having a good appetite is a blessings". Indeed, I am blessed.

Accompanying the star of the show was my chicken innards and some pork balls. Not forgetting the rich, delectable and fragrant smelling soup. It must have been boiled a number of hours. Catch it and boast it!


Address:
Ah Yap Chicken Restaurant
1175, Jalan Kanan, Desa Jaya Kepong
012-323 1364
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WPcwq3q8DDZyAgfE7

Comments

Popular Posts