Best Chicken Rice - Sungai Buloh

The occasional lone eat needs not be boring especially with Chicken Rice. Here's the full meal in resplendent display of its mains and sides.

The lady who served me took my order without batting an eye, probably used to even bigger eaters. Here is a meal for two. I had Kampung Chicken (drumstick and thigh), innards, bean sprouts and fish and pork balls.

I thought of this place almost each Sunday, whether to detour to Sungai Buloh or go home without my favourite lunch. This shop is even better than many in Ipoh. The free-range chicken is fresh. Not once have gotten a morsel that has the chicky smell, testifying that somehow along the supply chain something is not up to mark. It is also sweet and firm. Drizzled with good soy sauce and accompanied by generous amount of quality fresh chilli and ginger paste, what more can I asked?

My meal wouldn't be complete without the chicken liver and gizzard. What more can I say, these were as fresh as the chicken it came from. The gizzard was chewy and liver soup yet pasty. Both have their own individually taste, a yin and yang, a good combination.

The bean sprouts must be paired with a good soy sauce. But both were slightly behind those in Ipoh. Unless they consign these down from Ipoh by early bus shuttle like a shop in Jalan Gasing used to do but now I am not sure. But I was happy with it as it was close to those in Ipoh.

Finally, the fish and pork balls. These are kind of a misnomer in a chicken rice shop. Why? I have a theory. You need a bowl of soup for each meal. I grew up in such a home. And so were many Asians. Anyhow, the soup was delectable. Each of these shop pay careful attention to their soup. It may be simple but they still want to keep themselves in the good books of the customer.

So with the soup, why not the fish and pork balls to complement and entice the customers to pay more for the meal. The fish ball was slightly off the norm. It was a bit slack in texture. A bit more air and less paste, I thought.  The pork balls were business as usual but I would have prefer bigger ones.


Address:
28, Jalan Public, Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rZsYq

Comments

Popular Posts