BKT and Claypot Braised Fish Head - Sri Subang

The Fu Chok (Beancurd Skin) with Fish Paste was an excellent starters.
So the Meteorological Dept was right. The deluge of rain had stopped since early December. I could not keep track of the number of bowls of BKT, braised pork and rice wine chicken I had during those dark dreary days. One needs to warm the body from within!? I thought I may not the only person with this wavelength.

The signature Claypot dish was not from pork but rather a Fish Head. Drizzles from a myriad doses of sauces darkened it. Gelatinous skin of the Fish Head made it sticky. To me it was average fare. A bit too salty and unappealing as the head was chopped into smaller than expected pieces and this made the dish a tricky eat as I had to navigate the bones.
Claypot Braised Fish Head.
Crullers for dipping into the BKT soup which was a bit tepid and uninspired.BKT was run of the mill and average but good enough to make my dark rainy day brighter.
Braised belly with chicken feet. Sauces were thicken by the skin of the chicken feet. Above average though presentation was a bit lazy. Sour vegetables to round off a square meal.Restoran Bak Kut Teh Ah Foong
446, Jln PJS 10/11, 46000 PJ
Mob: 0192851786

Comments

foodbin said…
I like a whole fishhead for esy eating and those sour fat, stemmy vege are a delight.
Bangsar-bAbE said…
I like eating braised pork belly done that style. Is that teo chew BKT? The colour looks quite light.
Anonymous said…
starter looks attractive...this will b my all time fav...
worldwindows said…
FB... Agree.

BB... Not sure if Teo Chew but the taste is strong.

SG... For Ipohans it sure tugs at my stomach-strings.
Ciki said…
im totally addicted to fuchook. my mum in law makes great YTF!
Little Inbox said…
The starter looks good. It can be a yummy snack too.

Popular Posts