Sabah Dinner (1 Borneo), Breakfast (Inaman) and Lunch (Tuaran)

7-Star Grouper - the unmistakable reddish hue on the skin and the front teeth.

An invitation took me for a quick visit to the land under the wind. Just a one-nighter therefore the schedule was tight and I ate wherever convenient! But still we can eat well right! Esp. with the famous fresh seafood beckoning. Then there were the noodles - a happy fusion of the islanders (a very big island) and the peninsular migrants.
The head was given to me and I duly dug into the 'cheeks' and then suck up the gelatinous skin and lips.VenisonSabah vege, a must have for visitors.Beef noodles for breakfast in Inaman. A thriving light industry area, it's packed 7 days a week.Fish paste noodles for lunch. This was really good carbo. The texture was refined by eggs added in the making of the noodles. The sauces were light yet the aroma brought comfort and remembrance of all the good noodles I had had in the past!Fish paste and prawns. Beyond fresh shall I say!More fish paste.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, all my fav...fish, beef noodle...omg....
hApPy HaPpY said…
Good seafood in Sabah, don't know when I be there again..Have a good day.
foodbin said…
the cheeks of the 7 star Garouper is the smoothest part.
J2Kfm said…
7 star grouper (that's the real name?) is one of the sweetest fish i've tasted. uncle bought some, with tiger grouper (again, direct trans) from Labuan back then. we steamed them, and loved them so much.
Big Boys Oven said…
this is awesome! lovely!
Unknown said…
wow.... a short trip but managed to cover most of the foods in Sabah. ^-^
Ciki said…
the head looks fierce.. the body looks sweet;)
Rebecca Saw said…
I agree ..Sabah's food is yummy-licious!
But got to knw where to go right?
worldwindows said…
SG... These food fed the family! I had some fast food Hong Kong-style but not worth posting.

HH... I will make a trip to Sandakan where the real action is.

FB... Hi five to that!

J2Kfm... Have to be just caught. I will not eat those frozen ones sold at the airport given a choice.

FP... These were family and familiar food so I can say good stuff can be found here.

BBO... Simple but amazing ya.

CampC... My wife looks sweet both ways mercifully!

TNG... Yes I thought so. My friend is running the Sabah operations of a MNC :-)

Popular Posts