Underground Best-Seller - YiFon Fish Head Noodles @ Kuala Ampang, Ulu Klang

I was recommended to eat in this shop by an AIG senior marketing staff. He said it is value for money with some great eats. Finding time to get there I bumped into a couple of friends. An underground best-seller for those in the know!

From their expressions it looks like this shop will no longer be their oasis of cheap and tasty food. I can imagine as there was even a table occupied by a group of Japanese! Sharing or using the porch area of the May Mey Seafood Restaurant, its open from 8:00 am - 2:30 pm. It is located just before the famous Mei Keng Fatt Restaurant.


Fried Fish Head Noodles (Also the Fresh Fish Head version)
Three big chunk of fleshy fish head, subtle soup laced with sweet, sour, creamy and savoury tastes bringing the noodles into good feel comforting crescendo. The only downside: moderate presence of MSG.
Fuzhou Fish Balls. On the Side.
Firm and compressed. Minced pork fillings inside. Seasoned well and with a drop or two of fragrant sesame seed oil.

Fishball Noodles for the die-hard traditionalist.
Bitter Gourd Noodles with fish slices for the adventurous.
Generous serving of meat! Using the basic Fish Head Noodles' soup base it it is good to the last slurp.
Simple Menu.Closes on Wednesday. Here's the Map to Mei Keng Fatt Restaurant for reference.

Comments

gill gill said…
woo pin in taman desa off old klang or this is better? hee, RM6 for big size...far way cheaper then penang anytime! :P
hApPy HaPpY said…
This one will be in my to try list, thanks.
Big Boys Oven said…
very nice, I would love the fish balls! :)
Anonymous said…
love the creamy type of soup for fish head noodles..
minchow said…
Oooh gotta add this to my list! I don't care how it compares to Woo Pin, it is my personal goal to try each and every version in Klang Valley!!
foodbin said…
i would like try the bittergourd noodle with fish slices-outstanding!
Unknown said…
I want to try the fried fish head noodles. The soup base much be very tasty.
choi yen said…
Thanks for inspired me what to eat for lunch tomorrow, but definitely this place. (too far fom my office lah....)
Rebecca Saw said…
the colour of the soup is convincing enough!
Little Inbox said…
I love the creamy soup base too. Serve the fish beehoon with bird's eye chili, viola!
worldwindows said…
GG... Have not been to OKR one but heard abt it. Must try.

HH... Glad to hear that!

BBO... The Fuzhou fish balls were good.

SG... I know of some people kind of put off by the creamy goodness? Cannot associate Chinese noodles with milk!!!

Faith... I remember there was one in Ipoh near the old Majestic cinema, a definitive fish head noodles, but not sure still there.

FB... Surprising good, an acquired taste.

FP... Tasty but a thirsty aftermath due to some MSG.

MD... Available in many coffee shop stalls but not easy to find the better ones.

TNG... Kind of thick which gave the good first impression.

LI... Fusion bet the east and the west?1
My Taste Heaven said…
the food there look good.....thanks for sharing, will try it out during my next trip to KL.

Popular Posts