Lim Keng Guan Sliced Dry/BBQ Meat - Ipoh

Through the years, this dry meat was quite an 'atas' delicacy to be had during CNY. Today it is still a valued item though not an premium restricted to a narrow segment of the community item. Coming CNY it will be on the shopping list for most families. It is to be sent as presents as well as to serve visiting guests. And also not to forget, it will be consumed by multiple slices at home.

I have been buying from this shop for many years. They are known for their 'sliced' dry meat. It means that it is not form into slices by minced meat. But rather from whole blocks of meat cut into slices.

Half a kilogram, got me 9 slices, and at RM50 it worked out to RM5.50 for each ⅛inch thick squarish slice. It was nicely caramelised in the BBQ fire. The meat was well marinated and sweetish. The meat was chewy and that's the main reason why I like it. I can feel the texture as bite into the protein fibres.

And lastly, I will jot leave without my bacon BBQ slices. The batch that I bought was the best I had. It was from the belly with good amount of fat. The marinate again was superior and the taste memorable. The meat was moist and it just can't be help as the oil from the fat moistened the lean meat.



Address:
154, Jalan Sultan Iskandar, Ipoh
Tel: +60 5-254 0837

Comments

Popular Posts