Madura Banana Leaf Rice - Sri Gombak, Batu Caves

My normal Banana leaf order. Mains will usually be Mutton Curry with a cup of complimentary spicy and sour Resam.

Madura is located on the old commercial side of Sri Gombak.Its not referring to the Indonesian island and Indonesian food. Its good ole Indian Banana Leaf rice. This genre is becoming a rare breed and hard to come by especially the really good ones. This one has the Indian touch and even mock vegetarian meat dishes. My first! The fares here are decent enough to attract repeats though it is not a standout. But still it is worthy of my customs over several occasions. The search for an outstanding Banana Leaf restaurant continues.

Poppadom is a must but sad to say some are selling it separately at RM0.50 per small plastic bag of Poppadom. Reminiscent of Indonesian food with its Keripik. A must for Banana Leaf Rice.
Berianyi. Looks like Spanish Paella (exaggerated). The texture put me off a bit as I rather the grains be less starchy and separated as any good Berianyi should be. Personal preference here.
The vegetarian dish. Mock Mutton I believe. It should have been better but I guess this segment is still new. Good effort to make it look and taste like the real thing.
Payasam sweet (very) desserts to end my meal.
Address: 9, Jalan SG 7/16, Taman Sri Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves
Te: 03 61853790, 017 3382271

Comments

Popular Posts