Canning Garden Chee Cheong Fun - Ipoh

Finally I got to savour famous Canning Garden CCF, the 2nd generation is running it though. A good business is worth passing and also receiving. Hope the young people appreciate what they got from their parents or grandparents. Innovate and change if they must but do not tinker with the recipe for the mains and sauces.

The coffee shop has been there for many years and there are more coffee shops to explore. I noticed that there are 2 other corner lot shops packed with Malay customers. It's quite clear that this area is adjacent a huge military camp. This will be for another day.

We had CCF with three Ipoh basic sauces. The Sweet, Mushroom and Chili. The sweet sauce is also tart and both balance each other well. Heard about sweet and sour so and so _____? The mushroom sauce is basically savoury. The Chili sauce is spicy. Other sauces can be added in and combined. It is a bit tricky for me so I stick to just a sauce a plate.

My mother preferred savoury, I like the reddish sweet sour sauce and my wife took the spicy one being a Hokkien from the north.

The flat CCF noodles were a bit thick for my wife. I also prefer thinner ones, being eating the HKG style CCF with thin flat sheets. But these were smooth and I have a good chewy noodles that gave some good palate vibes.

Going back to the sauces. They were impeccable and each lived up to their names. And in CCF the most important element might just be the sauces. Here they won hands down.



Address:
5, Lorong Cecil Rae, Taman Canning, Ipoh

012-609 8412
https://maps.app.goo.gl/QbRdx

Comments

Popular Posts