Banana Leaf Indian Curry Rice - Sri Asoka Corner, Medan Selera Stadium, Ipoh Garden

I was searching for Banana Leaf Rice and was pointed to this sleepy hollow of a place near the Ipoh Stadium. Unpretentious, unassuming and single storey shops. That's how many of these eateries started. Some went on to become spectacular stars. Some remained like Asoka. 

My usual fare would be Mutton Curry or Chicken Varuwal and a piece of tenggiri. First, it was to assess the curry and second, on the deep frying as well as the freshness of their seafood. 

Well, I got my banana leaf, my curry and rice plus the sides. I was a happy man. But how's the taste and the freshness of the food. It's good enough for me. I enjoyed it thoroughly. But still my gold standard for fresh tenggiri would be Raju Restaurant in Section 5, PJ. As for curry, there is no standout due to inconsistencies. 
Address:
Lot 19, Medan Selera Stadium, Jalan Ghazali Jawi, Ipoh Garden, Malaysia

Comments

Popular Posts