Best Prawn Mee in Klang Valley? - Yau That Khan Restaurant, Pinggiran Subang

Johnny's Prawn Mee came highly recommended by well-known food personalities. I have been eating abound my neighbourhood esp those within 15 to 20 mins away. Pinggiran Subang is a short drive away. This is my second trip as my Saturday sojourn at 1 pm ended up badly; the Prawn Mee was sold out. 





The noodles were topped up with what toppings available. So we had pig intestines and Pork ribs. Along with it, there were lots of de-shelled small and medium-sized prawns with pork slices. The soup was brimming. What is there to ask for?

Ths taste has the umami effect as the essence of the soup came from prawn shells and head. Little or no MSG. Just a tad sweet but with enough savouriness to make me happy. I dare say, one of the best around in taste and portion.

The Koay Teow Th'ng was also well-touted. Must try. So here it went. The soup again was excellent t. I heard from an interview Johnny mentioned that it came 16 hours of extracting it from boiling pork bones. Sweet clear soup with no flavour enhancer is hard to find. With that, it has won me over and coupled with the generous offerings of chicken and pork strips together with fish and pork balls, a bowl for those who can't take the spiciness of Prawn noodles. 

An added attraction from this Kopitiam is the Chinese Cruller (Youtiao) and Ham Chim Pang with Red Bean Paste. Pack some for the black Coffee you are going to have, while waiting for your Prawn Mee. Yes, I waited for 25mins. All the best! 

Address:
1, Jalan Bulan BL U5/BL, Bandar Pinggiran Subang, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RJ6tpBLV8LUpsW5BA

Comments

Popular Posts