Sushi Zanmai - Citta Mall, Ara Damansara

This is one of the better restaurants in Citta Mall. Business is very brisk. Service is good, fast and attentive. I used to enjoy the one at 1 Utama but I guess I can stay at home ground and need not travel the 15 minutes to 1 U.

The food portions were generous and you get good amount of value for money cuts. My salad was packed with salmon and tuna cubes and the price is only RM12+.

The plate of sashimi was as good as it could be at this level of a restaurant. At RM40+, I got yellowtail, tuna belly, salmon, squid, scallop and shrimp. The buttery sweet shrimp was my favourite.

I also tried out their cheese oysters. It was briny, moist, succulent and topped with cheese. I got the natural freshness of the sea and also the cook's ingenuity in matching the oyster with an equally good savoury cheese top layer.

My tempura was thought to be a fibre 'guilt' offering. But the shrimp again won my taste-bud. Fresh and form and tasty. The other was the shitake mushroom coated with Japanese flour and deep-fried to a crunch. The overall bill? Cheaper than expected and without the GST, what an eat!




Comments

Popular Posts