Dinner Buffet - WEIL Hotel, Ipoh

Reputed to have the best buffet in town.
Did it live up to it? We went and liked what we saw. The food presentation was orderly, though not outlandish. I rather they invest in the food and drinks. Replenishment was speedy. It was done without being asked. The staff was doing their job.






Hotel buffet can be sterile and not that tasty. How was the food? At the head of the was the raw oyster, big prawns, mussels and crabs. It was prominently displayed as though challenging the guests to have a go at it. They were not afraid of it being emptied. But the full house were polite, never piling but pick up what's needed.

The prawns were large and springy and had good enough taste. Fresh it was. The oyster did have the right amount of meat and had not gone limp and shrank and did have the flavor from the sea. However, the shucking could be better as I did pick up some bits of shell debris within.

The chef came by with baked chicken rolls and salmon. They were impressively on sight. Their taste was as expected of western dishes and baked. I rather have the Malaysian's preference of meat being pan-fried. The texture was a wee bit dry.

The Japanese section was the most visited. The sashimi was the crowd favourite especially the salmon, tuna and small octopus. The salmon, in particular, was great in taste and it's fat texture . As for the rest on the Japanese menu, it could match any good Japanese buffet restaurant.

The wild mushroom soup was thick and those who like it salty will enjoy. The gourmet coffee - 2 thumbs up. Salad selections were good with the accompanying dressings. I had some Guilingao and some creme brulee that was creamy and very sweet.

Honestly, I have not been to a buffet meal for some time, as I cannot overeat. As it is, I took what I liked and kept it at that. Too many attractive selections. And it was definitely no run of the mill set up. The hotel was serious about its offerings and service.

It was for the fun of it, I went, a companion to those wanting and the teens. It was a joy watching them have a go at it. Reminded me of my youth. Even they have to surrender. I guessed the food won. The service rendered by all the staff also won. Full of praises

Address:
WEIL Hotel
292, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, Ipoh
05-208 2228
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sr5Fk7iubvuev2Dt8

Comments

Popular Posts