Gino's Recipe (Italian Restaurant), Ara Damansara

One of my goals as an Ara Damansaraan will be to visit and try as much of the food that are available in my neighbourhood. Gino's is one of the western restaurant that has graced this satellite town for almost 8 years. I had been there on 3 occasions and I will say the experience was pleasant except for a rather soggy Fettuccine Carbonara. I am sure it was an oversight as our spaghetti was al dente and tossed well for a good mix of the herbs and olive oil.

Their sandwiches built up was good with fresh and good components. It's refreshing and will be excellent for a tasty snack on the go. Our Pizza was off the top of the charts. My son just couldn't get enough of the Pizza Margherita. I guessed it was the Mozzarella Cheese.

They served rice too in the form of Risotto or Spanish Paella. Last I checked, Paella is Mediterranean. The Paella was good. It is no normal rice, short and stubby, and cooked to perfection and in my definition, nothing mushy. Taste was up and running as I have been to Spain.

And my Ribeye was lined with 'yellow' fat. Now that's something I don't get easily. So this piece was from a grass-fed livestock! Yellow fat is tastier and healthier! It contains beta-carotene. Grain-fed ones have white fat.

We had desserts and my Panna Cotto was not up to mark as I have had better. It was rougher than usual and the 'cotto' shake was missing. I love mine vibrating when the plate is moved.







Address:
I-G-, 6,, Jalan PJU 1a/1, Taipan 2 Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Comments

Popular Posts