Famous Police Station Curry Noodles - Xin Quan Fang, Ipoh

Well, I finally make it. There have been a lot of misses and disappointments over many years. It was more of a drive-by salivating. Basically, on spotting a long queue, I moved on. But my perseverance paid off this time and I managed to get a table 3 years ago and from then on, I got to eat once or twice a year. This post's pictures came from 2 outings.

Their curry is unlike many of those foumd in KL and elsewhere. You just get too much santan (coconut milk) and sugar. The taste here is savory and santan is kept at a distance. So what we have are spices and curry.

Now that's to me curry noodles at its best. You can have 2 bowls without feeling the 'titanic' sinking feeling. The curry invigorated me, stirred up my senses and excited my stomach juices to be ready for more.

The toppings are the standard chicken, BBQ pork pieces and prawns. There is also roast pork. If you asked for all the toppings, it may set you back RM30 per pax.



Address:
174, Jalan Sultan Iskandar, Ipoh

Comments

Popular Posts